Core Values for CHRISTWAY:
1. Reaching the community with the Gospel of Christ (Matt 28:19-20)
Every person must hear the “Good News” of God’s love and be given the opportunity to accept the life-changing grace of Christ’s sacrifice on the cross.
2. God created all people (Col 1:15-20)
All people are created and loved by God, they are each important to Him, therefore we value all people regardless of age, race or lifestyle.
3. The Holy Bible as our authority (II Tim 3:16-17)
The Bible is the infallible Word of God and is inspired by the Holy Spirit as the guide for our lives.
4. Worship is essential (John 4:21-24; Heb 12:28-29)
Believers need opportunities to express their love and adoration for God and God deserves our praise and worship.
5. Prayer is mandatory for Godly guidance (James 5:13-16; I Thes 5:17)
The most effective way to remain within the confines of God’s will is practice a consistent, Spirit-filled prayer life.
6. Protection & development of strong families is our duty (Eph 5:22-6:4)
Strong families produce strong churches and strong communities. Our family relationships should reflect the principles of God’s Word.
7. Discipleship & spiritual growth are mandatory (Rom 12:1-2; Eph 4:15)
Each believer is being conformed to the image of Christ and therefore the church must encourage that development as well as provide the necessary tools and environment.
8. Faithful to our heritage in the Southern Baptist Convention (Phil 2:2)
We must remain true to the doctrines of our faith as outlined within "The Baptist Faith and Message", as long as these accurately interpret the scriptures.
9. Consistent & faithful stewardship must be learned and practiced
(II Cor 8:1-15) God’s plan for personal and church finances must be taught and adhered to so that we can realize the full potential of financial freedom God has intended for our families and our church.
10. Every Christway Church member is a minister (Eph 4:11-16)
Every member of our congregation should be involved in a ministry utilizing their gifts and talents as God has gifted them.
11. We will never forsake the work and ministry of our local church
(Eph 1:22-23; 3:20-21) God has ordained the church to represent the kingdom of God to the world. Our congregation must display the character of Christ, demonstrating integrity, authenticity and excellence in all we do.